Summer parties and picnics are the go-to events at the moment. But what to make.. or to bring ? Here is a very easy and classic Italian Bruschetta recipe to impress your friends and family this summer season! Put it on a lovely plate or a wooden board and your last-minute creation will get all the attention. And the best part.. this recipe will only take a few minutes as who would want to be in a hot kitchen all day right ?
Also a great recipe for a starter or tapas night! Italians would approve..
• Tomatoes (which ever you like) 10 – 15
• Onion – 1
• Olive oil – 3 tsp
• Garlic – 2 cloves
• Fresh basil leafs
• Ciabatta bread
• Salt / Pepper
• Balsamic glaze
Prepare the bread,
- Cut the Ciabatta
- Grill or toast the ciabatta
- Brush some olive oil on both sides
- Leave it to rest so bread becomes hard
Prepare the spread,
- Cut up the tomatoes,onion and garlic (relatively small)
- Put it in a bowl and add the basil leaves
- Add a good amount of pepper
- Add a small amount of salt
- Add the olive oil
- Mix up everything well
Prepare the plate,
- Put the bread on the board
- Put the tomato spread on the ciabatta slices
- Garnish with basil leaves and balsamic glaze
And that’s all you have to do! You can put the bread and mixture in containers, in order to take it with you and assemble it on the spot. Also, the longer you leave this mixture the better it becomes, so make a big batch a few hours in advance, and everybody will love it!
Let me know if you try out this recipe, and what you think of it! Of course, it’s a pretty self explanatory recipe, but I wanted to give you some food inspiration during this summer season anyway.
Hope you are having a lovely summer holiday this year. May your days be filled with lots of sun, a good ass tan and lots of cocktails!
Until next time,